Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Favorite Things!!

Photo taken from Sanre Organic Skinfood's website.
I wish I could be like Oprah and give everyone in my audience boatloads of my favorite things! (and be a billionaire)

Since I cannot send each of you my favorite things, the very least I can do is pass along some of my favorite beauty booty!

I have been on the hunt for the Holy Grail of sunscreen for years and I think I may have found it!

Let me first say that as I have become involved in the beauty industry and have researched ingredients, I now have specific criteria that have to be met before I can consider a product for Holy Grail status.
  1. No parabens, petroleum or harmful chemicals.
   2.  No fragrance. Fragrance is very irritating to the skin and if your skin is constantly irritated, that means it is constantly working to repair itself and that equals stress!

   3. The product should have nutrient rich ingredients for skin health.

With that being said, let me introduce to you, Sanre products. I found Sanre Supple Sunshine moisturizer with SPF 30 while I was searching the Environmental Working Group's website for a non-toxic sunscreen. This was on their 2009 top 10 list, coming in at number 5. I decided to give it a try and have been hooked ever since.

***Side Note- EWG is a group that works to expose threats to your health and the environment, and to find solutions.***

Sanre Organic Skinfood is a skin care company who believe in using organic ingredients and never using artificial, synthetic chemicals. Their line includes eye creams, face mask, lip balms, moisturizers, toners and cleansers. I find them to be a bit on the pricey side but when you find a product that is everything you have been looking for and works, sometimes you just have to splurge!

Sanre Organic Skinfood products are approved by PETA, certified vegan, part of the Leaping Bunny Program (which means no animal testing) and Green America certified.

Now back to Supple Sunshine! Supple Sunshine is an organic rosemary and lavender day cream for normal to dry skin that has an SPF of 30. The benefits, as listed on their website are as follows:
  • Shields and protects your skin from sun exposure and pollution, while gently restoring moisture and elasticity, all without clogging sensitive pores.
  • Applied as a daily moisturizer to provide a soothing and healing barrier against mother nature as it strives to reduce skin irritation, inflammation and free radical damage.
The ingredients are:

Organic Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius Oil): Highly moisturizing oil with an exceptionally high amount of Oleic acids. Deeply soothing.


Organic Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera) Oil: Antioxidant, rich in Vitamin C, combats free radicals, rejuvenating agent.

Purified Water (Aqua).

Zinc Oxide: Natural mineral used to shield against the harmful effects of the sun, which is here utilized in a non-irritating, non-sticky form. Unlike other chemical sunscreen ingredients it cannot be absorbed into the skin and is not metabolized by the body. SanRe is very careful with its zinc oxide particle size; never using micro "nano" particles that can be ingested into your skin's pores.

Organic Beeswax (Cera Alba): Natural thickener and emollient, with emulsifying, hydrating and protective properties.

Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera Oil): Antifungal, anti-inflammatory, reduces the appearance of intrusive pigments like Lipotuscin (brown, freckle like spots) on the skin. Reduces free-radical activity and oxidation, while healing, repairing and encouraging the growth of new healthier tissue. Protects the skin from the damaging rays of the sun.

Organic Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Gel) Gel: Healing, soothing, oil-free nourishment minimizes wrinkles and infuses the tissues.

Organic Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) Essential Oil: Has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, which are calming, healing and purifying. Also provides a fragrant natural scent.

Organic Rosemary (Rosinarinas Officinalis) Essential Oil: Astringent, anti-bacterial, and helps to improve skin circulation.

Organic Red Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Essential Oil: Natural preservative has antiseptic and aromatic properties.

Organic Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) Essential Oil: Excellent rejuvenator, which invigorates and restores the skin.

Organic Hyssop (Hyssopus Officinalis) Essential Oil: Has tonic, sedative properties, and is an anti-inflammatory agent.

I have been using this product for 1 year and I am just finishing up my 2nd jar. The jars only come in a 1 oz size. I work from home most of the time so it is not used everyday, so for everyday use it would probably last about 4 months.


I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! It is moisturizing and provides great sun protection without causing any irritation or breakouts or that unsightly white cast that some mineral sunblocks can cause. It is nutrient rich and does not contain any chemicals.

My moisturizing sun protection Holy Grail. I will be using this product for a long time to come!





http://www.sanreorganic.com/catalog/

No comments: