Monday, August 26, 2013

ZPalettes

I am not the most organized person I know. I am definitely not that girl that has everything in just the right place. I envy those people. However, I am very organized when it comes to my makeup kit. You have to be! For multiple reasons. First, you don't always have a ton of time to be leisurely looking for what you need. Second, you don't want to look like a disorganized mess in front of the client. 
Most professional makeup artist know all about ZPalette. They are very cute, stylish and customizable makeup palettes. I believe they are an absolute necessity for the pros but I highly recommend them for anyone who wants to organize their makeup clutter.
Zpalette's are magnetic, empty cases with a clear top that you can fill with your own eyeshadows and blushes. 
The palette I bought at The Makeup Show was specifically for liquids, so I filled mine up with lipstick. Now I don't have a huge amount of lipstick that I carry around with me but enough to make it difficult when I'm in a rush and do not have a ton of time to open every lipstick to find the shade that I'm looking for. I usually end up going with gloss because the shades are easier to find because of their see through tubes. 



I purchased a hot pink palette, along with the little silver magnetic wells for the lipstick. 50 come in a package. 



So here is what you do.
  • Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees (depending on your oven, you may have to go up to 225). 
  • Slice about an inch off of the lipstick of your choice and place it in the metal well. Do this to all of the lipsticks that you would like to melt down. 

  • Line a cookie sheet with all of your lipstick filled wells.

  • Place in the pre-heated oven and DO NOT WALK AWAY. Seriously, this will take about 30 seconds to a minute for them to melt down. 
  • When they are all melted and liquidy, take them out and let cool.


  • Now just put them in your pretty, little ZPalette and Voila! Instant organization. 



Let me know what you do to organize your makeup.



No comments: