Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Benefit They're Real Mascara Review



Long, luscious eyelashes are a sign of youth. Have you ever looked at the long, gorgeous eyelashes of a baby or a toddler. Don't ya wish you can just bottle that up like fairy dust to sprinkle on your own sparse lashes? I do, it would be much easier than fake lashes, glue and olive oil (does not work). 

Benefit has tried to bottle up the magic of long, thick lashes with their They're Real! mascara. According to the packaging, this is beyond mascara.

According to their consumer panel:
  • 94% saw dramatic length & volume~I would not call it dramatic
  • 90% saw base to tip curl~I did not
  • 94% saw visible lift~I did not
  • 100% saw long wearing results~This is very true, it did last a long time. 
I do like this mascara but I would not say you will look like you're wearing false eyelashes. It is definitely long lasting and there was no flaking at all, however if I am reviewing based on the name, it did not have the same dramatic effect a pair of false lashes do. I think it is a very good, solid mascara although I do think it should be a little darker but that's just me. I think you can find a comparable mascara for a 1/4 of the price at the drug store.

The draw of this mascara is the unusual mascara wand. Instead of bristles, they are little plastic spikes that go all the way around the tip of the wand so you can grab every eyelash. The tip is like a little ball and allows you to get into all of the corners. 

Now I don't think this is the best mascara ever and even if I did, I  probably won't repurchase the full size due to cost($23). Mascara is a hard product for me to splurge on because most of the formulas, high end or drugstore are similar so you can probably find it for much less. The difference I feel are mostly the wands but is this wand worth $23 every few months? 

Now ya know what I do believe it is the best for? Lower lashes. This is the best mascara ever for lower lashes. That little spiky ball tipped wand, very gently grabs and coats every single lower lash without smearing, smudging or causing any kind of mess. All you are left with is a little sexy caterpillar sitting on your lower lash line. For that reason, I will purchase the travel sized version ($10) and always have perfect lower lashes.


To learn more about Benefit They're Real Mascara,
and 
Don't forget to tell all of your friends!


Follow on Bloglovin
 


No comments: