Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Random Ramblings

Oh hi there my Goddesses. I had a few random updates that I wanted to share with you and I thought I would put them all in one post. 

First, the great olive oil on your eyelashes debate. It does not work. End of. It just does not. I applied olive oil to my eyelashes every night for 1 month because that is how long "they" said it would take. After the month was completed, my lashes were so long I was being mistaken for a baby giraffe so I threw away all of my mascaras and false lashes and now I am touring the land, werking under my drag name Ardell Lashalot, teaching all of you skinny lashed bitches about the magical wonders of coating your eyelashes and ultimately your eyeballs with oil. 

So besides the fact that oil on your lashes does not work to make them longer, if you are not careful you will be rubbing oil out of your eyeballs which is not much fun. I will admit, I got lazy and did not take another photo of the finished product however the finished product looks exactly the same as the beginning product, so you can just go back and look at those photos. 

Also just to make it official, the lovely ladies at Wise Optical in Bayonne NJ say oil on your lashes is a bunch of hooey and to please not do it. Smart ladies. Click HERE for original olive oil post. PS-My original photos are not showing up on the original post but trust me-my lashes look malnourished.

Next up my Retin-A update. After 7 months I have finish both of my tubes of Tretinoin and .......I really did not see any life changing differences. My acne is cleared up, however I had changed a few things about my routine so I am not sure if it was due to the Retin-A or my new routine. What did happen-some peeling skin and not much else. My nose did not like Retin-A at all. The inside of my right nostril was pained beyond belief! So bazaar! That was my barometer for when my skin needed a rest. The inside of my nose hurt so bad, I could not touch it. I have not used it for a few weeks now and I do not miss it. I honestly believe my skin sees more dramatic, quicker results from a quality AHA/BHA treatment. I did not dislike it but it did not rock my world.

Speaking of AHA treatments, remember my blog post about the egg white/milk/apple juice mask and I said it made so much liquid you can save it in the fridge for your next use? I also said I was not sure if you can do that but I was going to do that? Yeah don't do that. The acids from the milk and apple juice cook the egg (kind of like an egg ceviche') so you end up with gloppy egg whites in milk and apple juice. No bueno! Maybe just half the recipe to make less?



Lastly, this beauty^^^^^ has finally arrived to mi casa and will be reviewed accordingly after many uses! I am so excited! 

I know I already said lastly but one last thing, I highly appreciate the emails I receive from my followers. I would much appreciate it if you left comments so everyone can see whatever it is you would like to share. Unless you want to bitch me out about something, then you can just keep it to yourself. 

In the meantime, click one of the links down below to keep yourself busy and out of trouble!





Follow on Bloglovin


No comments: