Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Magic Pads and Why Anyone With a Face Should Purchase Them

The Magic Pads


I love when I find a product that does exactly what I want it to do! I have been searching for an AHA/BHA product that is not full of fluff, that is fragrance free and that I don't have to sell a kidney to purchase. Imagine my delight when a celebrity makeup artist that I follow on Instagram recommended this product called The Magic Pads. With a name like that, it really better be good. 

So what are The Magic Pads? According to the website, they are cleansing pads for the treatment of acne. You would use these at the toner stage of your cleansing routine. I clean my face first and then go over it with one of these pads. 

First awesomeness is the ingredients. 6 very identifiable ingredients. Purified water, Glycolic Acid (AHA), Salicylic Acid (BHA), Alcohol, Aloe, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). That is it. No fragrance, no parabans, no unnecessary nonsense. I was a little concerned about the alcohol, however it has not been a problem for me. No irritation or drying out and no alcohol odor either. There is only 2% alcohol in the formulation and it has to be there due to the Salicylic Acid not being water soluble. That is chemistry geek sh$t that I don't understand so I am just repeating what I've been told. 

So these Magic Pads are really magical! They have helped clear up any blemishes pretty quickly and gives my skin a bit of a glow. I've been using them for a few weeks now and I am really impressed. You all know how I love my AHA/BHA Acids! Even though the jar says you can use these up to three times a day, I have been using them once a day at night and I've been sticking to a two days on, one day off routine. Even though these are on the mild side (2% Salicylic and 2% Glycolic), I want to avoid exfoliating my face off. You MUST wear sun protection while you are using these, which really is a no brainer because you should be using sun protection all the time.

I had the pleasure of speaking with the creator of The Magic Pads, Rob Harmon (who besides being a skin care wizard, is also a makeup artist on the hit Broadway musical, Wicked) and when I asked him why he decided to create these, he basically said he wanted a product that worked without all the unnecessary ingredients and was affordable for the people who really needed it.

 "I know how hard it is to get people to trust in a new skin care product. That's one of the many reasons I kept the price as low as it is. I'd like to say they are unlike anything I've ever found, and they are great for everyone with all skin types." 

Which brings me to awesomeness number 2-the price!

This jar of 50 pads only cost $19.95! How great is that!? There are a few really good anti-aging acid products on the market, however they cost a small fortune. This product is great AND will not break your bank. 


So who should purchase these?


  • Anyone with a face
  • Anyone who has acne/skin blemishes
  • Anyone who is looking to put a little glow on their skin
  • Anyone who is looking for an anti-aging product
  • Anyone who is not looking to bust into their life savings in the name of beauty


The Magic Pads

Run out and purchase these and subscribe to this blog while you're at it!
Your face will thank you! 






Follow on Bloglovin





No comments: