Friday, June 10, 2011

Fly Fancy Nails!!

Hey Guys!
I just wanted to share something fun with you that I discovered today!
Yesterday, one of the YouTube Gurus that I follow posted a video on these cute appliques for your nails. Now usually I wouldn't pay any attention to anything having to do with nails because I hate getting my nails done. I won't do them myself because I do not have a steady hand and I very rarely get manicures because I am way too impatient to sit and wait for the paint to dry. However, something about the nail post caught my eye-the nails just looked so darned cute! They were a hounds tooth print and seemed easy enough to apply.
Fast forward to today-I was checking out a new beauty supply store they opened in my town and low and behold! What was staring me in the face when I walked in the door you ask? None other than those cutie pie nail designs! I figured it was fate and decided to give it a try. I choose a black and white zebra design with bling-they were only $3.99, if I messed it up it would be much cheaper than messing up a manicure. I also thought my little nieces that I am going to see tomorrow would get a kick out of them!
Well let me tell you how ridiculously easy it is to apply these things! 18 different sized pieces/strips come in a package.

How the strips appear in the package!




My thumb!

First, I filed and buffed my nails. 

Then you apply clear top coat and let dry.




Next you take one of the nail strips and size it to you nail.
**TIP** These strips are somewhat long. I have little hands and short nails so I was cutting a strip in half and then using one on one hand and the other half on the same finger of the opposite hand. Now I will have double the usage! Also, I cut 2 little angle's on the bottom of the strips so they would fit on the nail bed better and not look so square.

Peel off applique and apply to your nail. Press firmly down for good adhesion.

Then you gently fold the applique over your nail tip and lightly file in a downward motion to get rid of any over hang.

Lastly, apply a layer of clear top coat to the nail and let dry!

I cannot stress how simple this is to do! Believe me when I tell you, I am very uncoordinated and downright sloppy when it comes to home manicures but I will definitely be buying these in every design! If you are like me and cannot wait for nail polish to dry, then this is just the thing for you-there is absolutely no dry time! I used an Insta-Dry top coat that dried instantly!
So give it a try and let me know how simple and fun it was!

My little fingers!

No comments: