Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Crash Course in Makeup Application-My 100th Post!

One of my favorite, relaxing times of the day is when I am applying my makeup. It is usually quiet and provides me a few minutes to relax and think. I never understood how women can apply their makeup while on the bus or the train. Never mind that it is a moving vehicle, it is a bit personal to have strangers around you while you are "applying your face". Something I can never wrap my head around is when I see a woman applying their makeup while driving in their car. Usually mascara. Really? You can't take an extra 10 minutes to do this in the privacy of your own home? Do you really feel it is safe to a.) operate a 2000 pound piece of machinery while focusing on your eyes/lips and not on the road? and b.) aim for your eye with a sharp pencil or mascara wand while in a moving vehicle?! Don't even get me started on men who shave while in the car!
Today I had read that a recent study by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute found touching up your lipstick (or any other makeup) can increase a driver's crash risk by three times whereas talking on the phone upped the risk by just 1.3 times.
Something to think about! You always hear about texting and driving but how many campaigns have there been about makeup and driving?
 None until now!
Those crafty Germans at Volkswagen have tapped into the YouTube Makeup Guru trend and enlisted popular YouTuber, Nikkie (who I am now subscribed to), to help make a very powerful statement. Watch the video below, it is only a little over a minute long and tell me what you think.


Stay off of your phones, do not text, do not apply makeup, do not try to eat a sandwich or drink anything while driving a car!
 
Stay safe!

Happy 100th post to me!

No comments: