Sunday, July 22, 2012

What is your Nighttime Routine?

For as long as my daytime beauty routine is (usually 2 hours, sometimes as long as 3-don't judge), my nighttime routine is only about 10 minutes long.
I wash my face with Aquanil, floss/brush teeth, apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel to my skin and Alba Unpetroleum Jelly to my lips and that's it! Done!
I am starting to think that I am not doing enough! I was watching something on TV the other day and this girl was discussing her nighttime beauty routine. She said she washes her face, tones her face, applies a serum and then a moisturizer on top. She made me feel like I was doing my skin a disservice by not doing all of those extra steps. She kept saying "Don't worry about your skin breaking out, it won't". Oh really? Everyone's skin is different and everyone's skin reacts differently, so that's a pretty broad statement to make. Some women even add in a treatment after the toner and before the serum!
So what are your nighttime beauty secrets? How long does it take you to get ready at night? Should I add some more products to my nighttime routine? I've always wanted to add in a retinoid product! What do YOU think?

No comments: