Friday, June 14, 2013

Bdellium Tools


One day my mother was at my house while I was putting my makeup on and she said "I can't believe how many brushes you use to get ready" I thought how could you not!? It amazes me when women say they only own 3 brushes! I use 3 brushes just to do my cheeks. Now don't get me wrong, you can definitely do a simple eye with a single brush, but you have to have options! Different brushes achieve different looks.
So if you're wondering why your makeup isn't looking as polished as the pro's, look at the tools you're using and you may have found the problem.
Now brushes can be quite expensive but there are plenty of affordable options available.
I would like to introduce you to Bdellium Tools.

I was turned on to these brushes by the girl who checked me in at last years IMATS. I bought 1 brush and it immediately became one of my favorite go to brushes-oh and it was $6. Now I believe that may have been the show price but still, full price is like $12. That is quite affordable for a quality brush.
So at this years Makeup Show Bdellium was going to be one of my stops.
Bdellium offers 6 series of brushes on their website. Maestro Series, Studio Line, Travel Line, Green Bambu, Yellow Bambu and Pink Bambu. Individual brushes range anywhere from $7 to $20. Depending on the line, some brushes are treated with an anti-bacterial agent and some are eco-friendly. I have so far stuck with the Studio Line and I have been really pleased with the quality and performance of these brushes. I bought a 12 piece brush set for the eyes (that came in a cool roll up pouch and contains one of the tiniest angle liner brushes I have ever seen) specifically for my kit and I will definitely be repurchasing some of the brushes for my own personal collection.


One of the reasons makeup artist's looks are so polished and flawless is because of their blending abilities.
So here is a TIP just for you:
Keep a clean blending brush available when you are applying your makeup! Yep, that's right! Make sure one of your brushes is clean, meaning you have not dipped it into any color and use that brush to blend. If you blend with the same brush that you've applied color with, you will just muddy up the colors. So apply with one brush and blend with another brush!



And don't forget to clean your brushes! Don't make me come after you for not cleaning your brushes! 
~Sincerely, the Brush Police~

No comments: