Sunday, January 12, 2014

Spoiler Alert! January BirchBox



Oh hello there! 
It's my favorite time of the month again! Birchbox time!
So my reaction opening this month's box is eeeeehhhhh. Yawn.
This month's box is less than exciting for me, which makes me not excited to write about it but here goes. 

First item, Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner. So dry shampoos have been all the rage as of late. Dry shampoos beef up your roots and soak up the oils at your scalp on days that you don't wash your hair. Dry conditioners add softness and shine to hair on days you do not wash. Consider it a conditioning refresh when your hair gets that dry at the ends look when you don't wash it. This is usually not an issue for me so I am not jumping for joy about it.

Next up,  Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette, funny since I've written about Coastal Scents twice in the past 2 weeks. I swear I have no affiliation with Coastal Scents. This looks like a nice palette and is pretty pigmented. A matte black, two neutral mid tone colors and a light shimmery highlighter color. I've received a lot of eyeshadows lately and I have not been wearing much makeup (!) so I have no idea when I am going to get to try all of them but I will let you know how it turns out.

Nail Rock Caviar, which is basically a silver nail polish with these tini tiny pearls (caviar) that will create a 3d effect on your nails. It looks cool as f!ck but if anyone knows me they know I do not enjoy manicures. I very rarely get them and I certainly cannot give myself one to save my life. I am waaaayyyy too impatient to wait for them to dry. Not too mention how sloppy my nail painting skills are. I will try this just because I now have it but again, not hearing fairies sing over this. 

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. Another beauty product I am not a fan of, perfume. I am of the oil wearing kind. Amber oil, $10 at Whole Foods, that's my magic potion. Plus, I believe I have the full size bottle of this and it's barely been touched. 

Lastly, Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage. Long ass name. I have not been a huge Burt's Bees fan in the past but this was the product I was looking forward to trying until I read fragrance in the ingredients list. People-STOP PUTTING FRAGRANCE IN FACE PRODUCTS! They don't belong there and fragrance can be damn irritating making your skin work that much harder to heal itself. Maybe I'll use it on my feet. 

Ok that's it, I give this one a solid 5. The boring boxes are where I sometimes find the best products because it forces me to try items I would have otherwise never purchased on my own. So maybe I will find a winner in here or at least a fancy new foot cream.

I know, I have to step up my photo game on this blog.


Hey, don't be afraid to subscribe via email or follow on Bloglovin. 
Pick your poison below: 



Follow on Bloglovin



No comments: