Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spoiler Alert- March Birchbox

Another month, another Birchbox. Lately, I am feeling as if me and Birchbox are having a bad romance. I am so addicted to it but have not been happy in quite a few months. Maybe I am setting my expectations too high, maybe I should reevaluate what I expect from a $10 per month subscription box. My loyalty to Birchbox is strong, however I know there are other monthly subscriptions available, maybe I will start looking into those. 

What makes a great Birchbox for me is a fabulous makeup product from a company I've been dying to try, or from a company I've never heard of, plus a nice skin care product. That makes me a happy Goddess. The rest is just filler. I feel like I'm mostly getting filler lately. Birchbox, where are my concealers, eyeliners, foundations and lipglosses? These boxes were very makeup heavy when I first subscribed and now they are trying to include a little bit of everything to make everyone happy. Stop that shit and just make me happy!



So this month's box included a Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (full size $36). I feel like I receive a lot of Coola samples and I am always confusing them with Goop. This product is ok, I always like trying new SPF. The fact that it is tinted makes no difference to me, as I will most likely apply foundation over it. 

Next up DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew (full size $42) This is ok as well. It's a very light, oil free moisturizer that has a gel like consistency. I would be excited about this if it weren't for the multiple parabans included in the ingredients. The parabans always ruin the party for me. If parabans are not a concern for you, then maybe you may want to look into this. 

I also received a Gilchrist and Soames London Collection Body Lotion (full size $16) I have not used this yet and generally do not get excited about body lotion unless it smells tropical like mangoes or coconuts. I do love the Brits and this sounds so English so that's a plus. If this is very perfume-y, I will hate it no matter how British it is. 

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment + Restorative Hair Treatment Plus (full size $33) Basically two hair restorative treatments, just like the name suggest. I seem to receive a ton of hair samples from BB. 

Lastly, English Laundry No.7 for Her (full size $90) No interest. I have no idea what it smells like or even care that it has the word "English" in the name, it is most likely going into the trash. 

Oh they also included an additional gift of Ghirardelli  Cherry Tango Square-dark chocolate and cherry. Hell yeah! I always appreciate chocolate!

Click here to learn more about Birchbox or to purchase any products.

Don't forget to subscribe by clicking on one of the links below. 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: