Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit-A Review

anastasia.net
So the other day I received the Anastasia Contour Kit. 
First let me say, if you become an Instagram Famous makeup artist, you will probably receive these for free and before they are available to the public. 

That is not the case for me. I am not Instagram Famous so I have to stand in line with the rest of the common folk. 

This palette has only been out for a short period of time and it has already reached cult status. Because of this, it is constantly sold out! Plus Anastasia does not offer a pro discount for this item so MUA's you are paying full price. Unless........*twirls mustache*
Unless you are mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and you notice an unassuming post from Anastasia Beverly Hills mentioning that Sephora has the palette stocked. Then you log into your Ebates account and shop the Sephora site at a 4% cash back. Now I know 4% is not much of a discount but if you do as much online shopping as I do, it does add up. 
So I got my order in and within an hour they were sold out again!

This palette is much smaller than I had expected. The packaging is a standard black magnetic flip top with no mirror. You receive 6 refillable colors, 5 matte and 1 shimmer. 

The colors are Top 3: Vanilla, Banana, Sand (Shimmer) and Bottom 3: Java, Fawn, Havana.

anastasia.net
Vanilla is a pinkish toned setting powder, Banana is a yellow toned setting powder, Sand is a cool pink shimmery highlighter. I was very impressed with the setting powders as they do not settle into fine lines, even when you are setting the makeup under your eyes. Also, the highlighter is shimmery without looking like a disco ball exploded on your cheekbone. 

The bottom 3 are all the contour colors. Java is a brown with pink undertones, Fawn is a cool ashy tone and Havana is warm kind of burnt brown. 

Fawn is the reason I really wanted to try this palette. I explained to you yesterday how I like to stick to cool taupey colors to contour and this is a perfect shade for me. When I saw Fawn, I knew I was going to fall in love with her and I was right. I used to use Makeup Forever eye shadow in #127 for my contour. Fawn has replaced her. 

These colors are all very soft and blendable and quite complimentary to a wide range of skin tones. I believe ABH will be expanding the color choices for this palette. If you do not see a shade that is a good match for you, hold onto your brushes, she's working on it. 

I highly recommend this palette for everyone! It's $40 when it's in stock. Each pan is .11 oz

I forgot to mention in my contouring post yesterday, you can contour with cream or powder products. Some people powders like these and some people use multiple shades of foundation. Some people use lighter and darker concealers and some use a combination of powders and creams. Just as long as you have lighter and darker color choices in pretty much any medium, you can get it done. 

Repeat from yesterday-This is very subtle everyday shading.  

For a good time, click on one of the links below: 



Follow on Bloglovin



No comments: