Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Review: Skin Inc Serums

Jessica Savino Professional Makeup Artist

 


On Monday I told you all about serums and why they are good for you. Today let me introduce you to Skin Inc. 


 
Skin Inc describes itself as a Skin Supplement Bar. It is an online service that has a plethora of serums depending on what your skin needs. The website is very user friendly and provides a full ingredients list for all products. I do not recall there being any fragrance in any of the products so bravo on both the no added fragrance and the full ingredients list. If you don't know what your skin needs, you can take a quick online evaluation (which is what I did) and they will tell you what they think your skin needs. They thought my skin needed some renewal, regeneration, and replenishing so they suggested a Coenzyme Q10 Serum, a Vitamin A Serum, and a Hyaluronic Acid Serum. I ordered the 3 serums which they send you separately. You then mix them together to make 1 big serum. You even get to choose what color bottle you would like to store your serum in. I chose purple. They even give you a little label to write your concoction on. I wrote mine with the never drying pen. I had ink on my fingers for the next week whenever I picked up the bottle.


They suggest you use 3 drops 2 times per day, morning and night. You can definitely stretch this out a bit by using 2 drops 2 times per day. I am 1 1/2 months in and I have about a 1/4 of a bottle left. Even though this serum did not cause any breakouts and has kept me pretty hydrated, I will not be repurchasing. I didn't see anything life changing and for $90 every 2 months, I need to see some amazing results. I do like the quality ingredients that they use and Skin Inc does have a ton of single serums that you can try that are much less expensive. I will definitely be trying some of their other products, just not the custom blend serum again.


 Jessica Savino NYC Professional Makeup Artist


No comments: