Sunday, December 29, 2013

L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner Review

Sorry for the poor quality photo. :-(
I am on a drugstore tear lately. 
I am not usually a fan of drugstore makeup, however I find myself drawn to the makeup section of Rite Aid like an addict. I'm not sure if the cosmetics companies are upping their drugstore game or maybe I'm just a girl on a budget but either way, I've been getting some inexpensive, quality products during my recent trips. 

So today, I am all about the eyeliner. I am always about the eyeliner. I know most ladies say their can't live without makeup product would be mascara but I think mine would be eyeliner. 


L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner is a very black, blend-able, chubby eyeliner that goes on smooth and does not smudge. 


Have I mentioned that this pencil is very black?

Black
 That is usually a problem for me with black eyeliners. The color looks very black on the pencil but on the skin they sometimes fade to a light black or even a greyish, blue color. Not this pencil, it goes on black and stays that way. Even when you blend it, it will soften up while still retaining its blackness. 

This will pretty much stay put until you take it off, however if you apply this to your lower lash line, I would set it with a powder because if its gonna move, this is where it will decide to move. 
Also, if you are a contact lens wearer and line your waterline with this, it might (I'm not 100% sure) transfer to your contacts. The first time I wore it, midway through my night I started to see blurry out of both eyes. Now it could've been the drinkin, however I am almost certain it was the eyeliner. I have worn this since then on my waterline and have not had this issue, so who knows. Also, there are plenty of reviews online about how it doesn't budge on the waterline. This just might be a problem for contact lens wearers.

Oh and the other thing that I love about this is, this eyeliner comes sharpened to the pointiest point possible which enables you to get ultra close to the lashline. It comes with a sharpener so you can keep it sharp and pointy. I have had this for over a month and I have yet to sharpen it. It's not as sharp as when I received it but I'm still getting a a nice, close application. 
So this was money well spent! Around $9 for .087 oz.

What is your favorite eyeliner?

Until next time!
~Jessica~

If you have enjoyed this blog post, kindly subscribe via email:


Or follow me on Bloglovin:

 Follow on Bloglovin

Thank you!

No comments: