Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How do You Use Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer?




 
Happy New Year Goddesses! A brand new year and I hope everyone has a fantastic one filled with all the good stuff.

I am not too proud to ask for help. I have a product that I have been perplexed by since I purchased it. I had heard so much about Kevyn Aucoin's (who is my ultimate makeup idol) Sensual Skin Enhancer, I could not wait to get my hands on it. I had read so many wonderful reviews, I swore I had found my Holy Grail foundation and I did not have to look any further. Being the foundation whore that I am, I could not wait to purchase this at The Makeup Show. I watched as one of the sales women (whose makeup looked perfect) demonstrated how to use it. I had also watched a Wayne Goss video of him raving about this. Both of them said the key was to use the most miniscule pin point amount of makeup to cover your whole face beautifully. I was hooked before I even pulled my credit card out of my wallet. 

First problem, I think the sales girl that helped me (not the woman who demoed) was a little under water. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights when I asked her for help matching my skin tone. It was quite busy, she did seem overwhelmed and I did walk away with a shade lighter than I should have. Shade sx7-I'm not sure it it's light or has a weird undertone.

Now onto the bigger problem, I have no idea how to handle this product! I have tried a flat foundation brush, a fluffy foundation brush, a damp Beauty Blender and I just cannot get the amazing finish that everyone raves about. I swear I am using just a tiny drop but it still looks heavy. The only thing I have not tried is my fingers.

The consistency is comparable to a paste, it goes on heavy and settles into lines and pores. I really want to love this product but I cannot get it to work well for me so I am asking you for help. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve a non-heavy mask like finish. I would sooooo appreciate it! It does cover absolutely everything and is quite dense so I have considered using this solely as a spot concealer.  
This is way too much product for the whole face but I wanted you to see the texture.
This is blended out a very little bit.


This comes in the smallest jar I have ever seen for a foundation but I can absolutely believe that this will last forever because of how small of an amount you need. I am not happy that one of the ingredients is mineral oil, which is a cheap ingredient and will break you out. I have not worn this nearly enough to experience any breakouts. Also, there is a faint perfume-y smell to it and in a perfect world, there would never be fragrance in any face products. 

It has been sitting in my foundation drawer for months waiting to be rescued.


Size of a jar of Sensual Skin Enhancer in comparison to a perfume sample.
This Sensual Skin Enhancer cost $48 for .28 oz. You can purchase Sensual Skin Enhancer here.

If you have enjoyed this post, click here to


OR


Follow on Bloglovin
 


No comments: