Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Review of Era Everyday Foundation


http://www.erabeautyusa.com/p-5-era-everyday-foundation.aspx
I have a crush! Is it weird that it's on an inanimate object? Of course not! It's foundation. 
I have wanted to try Era Everyday Foundation ever sine my friend and makeup artist, Ro Puchal, recommended it to me. 

So what is Era? Era Everyday Foundation is an airbrush foundation in a can. Similar to Dior Airflash but a fraction of the cost. (Dior cost $62 for 2 oz). Era comes in 10 shades (mine is R4-Pink Champagne) and gives you the most natural skin finish, without settling into lines. It is the perfect combination of matte and dewy if that makes any sense. Exactly what skin should be.
http://www.erabeautyusa.com/p-5-era-everyday-foundation.aspx

I have said it before and I will say it again, the finish you get from airbrush foundation is unlike any other foundation I have tried. It is as close to a true skin finish as you're gonna get. In order for the foundation to pass through an airbrush machine, or in this case a nozzle, it has to be thinned out considerably and therefore allows you to achieve a much more natural, skin-like finish. It is not a thick formulation like a traditional foundation. I always say I want it to cover everything and look like nothing. That's never going to fully happen but this sure comes close. 


Pros
  • The finish
  • Good coverage
  • Good staying power (I don't like to powder)
  • Quick application
  • Price ($33 for 2.25 oz although I purchased it for $25 during a sale)
Now the cons. The thing I dislike so much about airbrush makeup, is the actual act of airbrushing. I do not like spraying makeup on my face, whether from a can or a machine. I do not like the feeling of air hitting my face, I do not like the feeling that I may be inhaling some of the makeup, I do not like holding my breath as I am applying the makeup. I am a traditional gal when applying my foundation, so the spraying on the face is not pleasurable. You can experiment and spray on your hand first or into a sponge or beauty blender. 

If you watch the demonstration video from their website, they suggest spraying the makeup on your face in a Z pattern. Then take a velour powder puff and blend it in with downward strokes. I have been applying it in a Z pattern, then taking my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and blending it in using downward strokes. I then spray a little on the back of my hand, take a concealer brush and dab it on wherever I may need a little extra, such as blemishes, discoloration, dark circles etc. Then I take a tissue and press onto my skin to absorb any oils (this prevents having to powder). 

Cons
  • Application
  • When I spray it on my face, I notice a little gets in my hairline
  • Choc full of parabans. I know it is impossible to avoid them all the time, however I do try. I am not sure if this will be a repurchase because of this. Keep this in mind if parabans are of any concern to you and you are considering purchasing.
So time will tell if my crush will turn into a full blown love affair. So far, I am very happy with the results and if you were thinking of trying airbrush makeup, this is a great option to start with.  

http://www.erabeautyusa.com/p-5-era-everyday-foundation.aspx


Now scroll on down and subscribe to this blog!

 My photos have disappeared from my older post! I have not had time to reapply them, sorry for any inconvenience~
 





Follow on Bloglovin







No comments: