Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to Save Money Shopping Online with Ebates


How many people that read this blog shop online? Can I see a show of hands? Oh, everybody does? Good, then you'll want to read this post and learn how to save money while shopping online. I had learned about Ebates from a fellow blogger and decided to give it a try. So far, it is working out great for me and I always like to pass along helpful info to you guys when I get it.

What is Ebates? It is a cash back shopping site. Lets say you want to purchase something from Sephora. You go to Ebates.com, click on the Sephora link and shop as usual. Ebates will offer you cash back when you shop through them. How can they do this? Ebates is an affiliate to many of these online shopping sites. An affiliate (in this case Ebates) will receive a small commission, or a kickback, when they refer someone to a website. They then pass some of these savings onto their members. For example, if Sephora offers Ebates 16% for referring someone, or basically advertising for them, Ebates then gives you 1/2. Sephora gets the sale, Ebates gets the percentage, you get cash back. Everybody is happy!

 Ebates will offer different cash back rates for different companies. For instance, last week if you ordered from Sephora through Ebates you received 8% cash back on your order, Ulta earned you 4% cash back. These rates change all the time. You receive this money at the end of every quarter in the form of a check.

This is what an Ebates email looks like

Ebates works with TONS of online stores (1600), ranging from the big boys such as Home Depot and Target, to the lesser known stores. Besides offering cash back, Ebates will alert you when your favorite stores are running a special. For instance, I was alerted to Ulta's 20% off sale and then I earned an additional 4% cash back. Understand how it works?

I do most of my beauty shopping online. Ebates works with most of the big name beauty sites including Paula's Choice, Skin Store, Bobbi Brown, Lancome, etc.This could spell trouble.

So far I have not had to fill anything out besides my email address. Easy Peasy!

If you are curious and would like to try Ebates for yourself, feel free to click on my referral link.

And if you're in the link clicking mood, don't forget to click on one of these bad boys!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: