Monday, July 13, 2015

Veil Cosmetics

Veil Cosmetics Illuminating Complexion Fix for Face and Eyes

A Review

Veil Cosmetics Review

Another product on the I love it so much I'm gonna put a ring on it list! I had been hearing a lot about Veil Cosmetics Illuminating Complexion Fix for Face and Eyes but I thought it's probably just another click pen highlighter~No big deal! We all know that Touche Eclat rules that universe, however there had been a rumor that they changed their formulation and it is not the same as the original that has gained ridiculous cult status. I am not sure if that is true or not but I decided to give Veil a go when my friend Ro, a fellow makeup artist was raving about it. 

This little beauty is unlike anything I have ever tried. First, it comes in 4 shade families with 3 undertones per shade. I purchased 2P in the light family which has a gorgeous light pink undertone which neutralizes out the lovely dark circles I get under my eyes. 

Veil Cosmetics Click Pen Concealer Review

So most click pen highlighters (Touche Eclat included) do exactly that, they highlight. They do not conceal. You still have to use a concealer if you are trying to conceal anything. Veil's click pen will cover and brighten without settling into fine lines. This is a buildable coverage so you can apply as much as you like and it never gets cakey or settles into lines. Never, no matter how much I apply and it stays put really well. 


So here's my one giant complaint:


Veil Cosmetics Review

For those of you not familiar with click pen application, you twist or click (in this case twist) the pen until product is released into the brush applicator. Initially, you have to click it approximately 1026 times before any product is released but then there should be no problem getting product to load onto the brush. Not in this case. It takes forever to get product to load so after like 10 clicks, I get frustrated, lose my patience and click it another 100 times rapidly until I get some product. Sometimes that causes too much product to be released, I use it all and then put the cap back on and throw it in my makeup bag. The next time I use it, it looks like there was a product explosion in the cap because product keeps releasing. I'm not sure if I received a defective one or maybe I am expecting too much product to be released at once but the packaging is my only complaint. 

So there you have it! Regardless of the packaging issue I would definitely repurchase and I recommend this product to anyone. 

Veil Cosmetics Illuminating Complexion Fix cost $40. 


No comments: