Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Alpha Hydroxy Face Masque for Younger Skin

I had a few of my ladies ask me this past week what could be done about their aging skin. Sigh~I know you ladies read my blog. You should know the answer to this. 

Skin texture seemed to be their main concern. Some bumps and small lines forming. I cannot yell this loud enough!

ACIDS PEOPLE!

The famous Alpha Hydroxy and Beta Hydroxy acids. 

It's simple:

Alpha Hydroxy for texture, bumps and fine lines.

Beta Hydroxy for acne, pores and oily skin. 

I was watching the Rachel Ray show and she had a dermatologist on demonstrating DIY skin solutions that you can concoct right in your own kitchen. You know how much I love me a skin DIY from my kitchen! 

So here is a quick, little potion that you can whip up for a DIY Alpha Hydroxy Face Masque.

Combine:
  • 2 Tablespoons Apple Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1 Egg White

Whip together until frothy then apply to your face with a flat foundation brush. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with a soft wash cloth. This goes on very liquid-y and then you will feel it tighten up on your face. Your face will look very smooth and plastic-y while the masque is on and then very glow-y after you rinse it off. Apply 2 times a week for smooth, glowing, radiant skin.

Cracked bowl and all! There is nothing fancy going on here.

What makes this an Alpha Hydroxy Acid is the malic acid in the apple juice and the lactic acid in the milk. 

This recipe will make enough for like 3 or 4 people to use so invite your besties over for a girly spa day or maybe refrigerate until your next use. I'm not even sure if you can refrigerate and reuse but go for it, that's what I'm doing next time.

Speaking of DIY beauty routines, I am about half way through my olive oil/eyelash experiment. This is a very unscientific experiment. I have not measured my eyelashes, I wouldn't even know how to do that. This will be judged strictly by photo comparison and my honest opinion if my lashes grew or not. So far, they still look exactly the same. A heads up for anyone looking to try this, oil in your eye sucks!

Don't forget to subscribe!

 



Follow on Bloglovin



No comments: