Sunday, January 19, 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 and 3 Review


                        
 I have never been on the Urban Decay Naked Palette bandwagon. I know every makeup addict on the planet has lost their minds over all of the UD palettes but they were never my thing. I don't like when products get too hyped up. I become suspicious if it's hype or if they really are the most amazing products ever. To me they always looked like a bunch of neutral tones that I already had. 

Then this past November, Urban Decay released their Naked Palette 3 and it was like cupid shot an arrow through my heart when I saw these soft, romantic colors. I think Pink and Gold is a marriage made in makeup heaven and everyone should have a pink and gold something in their collection, whether it is blush or a lipstick. Whatever it is, it will be incredibly flattering on pretty much any skin tone. All I could see is these precious pinks and glorious golds and I was sold. I had to have it

I know I am kinda late to the game with this review but there are no cosmetic companies sending me samples to blog about so it can coincide with their release, although if anyone out there wants to send me products, feel free-I'm down! So I have to purchase my own and I like to use the products for a bit so I can give an honest review. 

I asked Santa for Naked 3 for Christmas. It is the only thing I asked for. I even sent Santa 2 links so he would know where to purchase it in case the elves were too busy, plus I sent him a reminder email (also with a link for purchase included) just so Santa was aware of how badly I wanted this palette. Then a funny thing happened on the way from the North Pole. Santa managed to f*%k it up and delivered Naked Palette numero uno. WTF Santa! Anyhoodles, Santa being as generous and magical as he is had the NP3 delivered ASAP and now I have 2 palettes to review! Thanks Santa!

I really like the colors in the NP3 palette. They are very soft and exactly as I had expected. First, the palette is packaged in a wavy, metal gold toned palette that is pretty sturdy. It comes with a double ended brush that I will probably use for something other than applying eyeshadow. You get 12 shadows for $52. The shadows range from light to dark, with pink being the prominent color. There are some golds and bronze colors as well and a mix of matte and shimmer textures. I find myself reaching more for the matte colors, maybe because I've been mostly going to business appointments and matte just seems more practical for business. My favorites from this palette are: Strange, Limit, Trick, Nooner and Blackheart (a black shadow with hints of red in it-I cannot wait to do a dramatic smokey eye, it has an almost dark purpley, plumy effect). The only color I am on the fence about is Dust. The texture of Dust is exactly that, quite dusty and it seems to be more glitter than shimmer. It seems as if when you apply it, that nice baby pink color disappears and you are left with little glittery specks. It's pretty, just not what I expected and it was one of the shadows that caught my eye so it is a little disappointing. Along with the eyeshadows, Urban Decay has sent samples of all of their eye primer potions and a setting spray. So far nothing has blown me away but I will let you know if they do. 
Wavy metal packaging.
Urban Decay Naked 3
Swatches and photo courtesy of frmheadtotoe.com
 
On to Naked Palette 1. I like this palette as well and am happy for the mix up. Again, you receive 12 shadows with a mix of textures. This palette is more neutral with bronzy browns and golds. It comes packaged in a velvet brown palette, with a brush I have yet to use for applying eyeshadow.  My favorite colors in this palette are: Virgin, Sin (in love with this color) and Half Baked (another winner-love it).
All of these shadows are very soft feeling and blend-able and they last all day. 
 


Urban Decay Naked Palette 1-the original naked palette.
Naked Palette 1 on top and 3 on the bottom for a side by side comparison.

I like these palettes a lot and I was not disappointed. I do feel N3 has different colors and tones than what you usually find in neutral palettes and for that reason I would recommend Naked 3 over the original palette. They are both really pretty and it just depends on what you are looking for. Although I am happy I accidentally received the original Naked palette, I still feel it's not something I haven't seen before. 

Palette 3 in different lighting-it looks more goldy here~

To read more about Urban Decay Palettes, click here:


And to join the cool kids club, click below:



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: